The Tumour Foundation of BC is looking for dynamic, high-energy individuals who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help a small charity make a bigger impact throughout the province.
We are seeking passionate Board members who have the energy and expertise to help us expand our reach and our programming. As a director, you support the Foundation's mission by providing leadership in the areas of governance, policy and ensuring the charity has sufficient resources to carry out its mandate.
The Tumour Foundation of BC is a dynamic organization that has been serving the community living with neurofibromatosis (NF) since 1984. NF is a genetic disorder which causes tumours to grow in and on the body and affects over two million people worldwide. There is no cure but there is hope.
Board Member Expectations:
- Ensure the Foundation has adequate resources to carry out its mission, which includes fundraising through events and individual solicitations throughout the year.
- Be passionate about the Foundation’s mission and eager to share the organization’s events and fundraising initiatives with your communities.
- Serve actively on committees of the Board.
- Contribute to activities and events hosted by the organization whenever possible.
- Be aware of Foundation’s policies and bylaws.
- Attend monthly board meetings (via Zoom) and one or two in-person meetings throughout the year. Board meetings are currently scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month from 7-8:30pm.
- Prepare for and participate actively in board meetings and email communications between meetings, both with other Board members and staff as necessary.
Interviews will take place in mid-July by Zoom. Board members will be announced at our Annual General Meeting on Sep 26, 2020, at 7:00 pm.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals whose experience and skill-set include the following:
- Fundraising and special events
- Public relations, communications
- Advocacy on a provincial level
- Non-profit governance and management
Training is provided and opportunites for professional development are available.
We are a small but growing and responsive charity where you can have a profound impact making a different in the health and lives of people affected by neurofibromatosis across British Columbia.