Board of Directors / Trustees
If you are keenly interested in your community and want to participate in developing and maintaining innovative, engaging indoor and outdoor activities for neighbours of all ages, then becoming a volunteer trustee with the Champlain Heights Community Association may be for you.
As a volunteer board member you have the opportunity to gain essential board experience, provide oversight to the Champlain Heights Community Centre, and guide community-based programs in the areas of recreation, sports, gardening, forest education, indoor and outdoor learning activities, out-of-school and child care facilities, and group programs for seniors, children, teens and adults.
Champlain Heights Community Association also supports neighbouring community-based organizations and non-profits, such as community gardens, neighbourhood houses, and essential co-operative work that enriches the community at large.
Please visit our webiste for more information at https://champlainheightscc.ca/our-community
Board Member Job Description
1. Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
2. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
3. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
6. Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Participates in fund raising with the Vancouver Park Board for the Champlain Heights Community Association & Centre.
Working in group settings to arrive at consensus on matters of importance to the Association's aims and purpose.
An ability to read, understand, and query documents governing the Association in relation to the Vancouver Park Board.
Desire to promote best practices for Association good governance through training with high content community association tailored courses and workshops.