Little Mountain Residential Care & Housing Society (LMRCHS) is a not for profit care and housing organization. The Society is known and recognized for its ability to evolve its care and grow with the needs of the community.
We began with older adult residential care at Little Mountain Place and Adanac Park Lodge in 1983 and 2000. As housing affordability became an increasing pressing issue for our older adults, we partnered with BC Housing to provide affordable seniors housing at Little Mountain Court. Our evolution continues in 2013 with Adanac Park Lodge taking its expertise in serving individuals with cognitive impairment to a specialized model for younger adults aged 19 – 65 in an enhanced environment to support residents to live to their fullest ability in a person-centred, social model that emphasizes quality of life.
LMRCHS and its team are pioneers who are committed to care of adults with complex needs in our communities. We invite individuals with the same passion who can be committed to our mission, vision, and values to join our Board on the continued dynamic journey of care and housing. Following are the Director role duties, the commitment required, and the skills we seek:
The Board of Directors contributes to effective governance of LMRCHS. Specifically, it provides leadership in:
- Monitoring the performance of the Society in relation to its mission, objectives, values and reputation
- Oversight and approval of strategic plan
- Approval of annual budget
- Ensuring efficient and effective use of resources
- Monitor Administrator performance and provide feedback
- Being knowledgeable about key risks and ensuring appropriate controls are in place
- Key accountabilities as outlined above
- Board meets annual for strategy planning
- Regular board meetings are six times a year
- Each Director participates in one to two board committees
- Directors support Society’s fundraising efforts and participates in Society’s events
- Volunteer role with no remuneration
While prior Board governance and not for profit experiences are assets, we seek individuals are who passionate and committed to quality of life and care of adults with complex needs in our community, and have following specific skills:
- Residential Care and Health Care
- Accounting and Finance
- Fundraising, Marketing and Community Engagement
Candidates selected for interview will have the opportunity to meet with two existing board directors for mutual fact finding. We look forward to your application.