Board Director: Treasurer
WAVAW Rape Crisis Centre’s Board of Directors is currently recruiting for a new board member to serve as the treasurer. Board Directors provide leadership on WAVAW’s goals and governance as they are linked to WAVAW’s mission, strategic plan, programs, fundraising goals, policies, operations and finances.
All volunteer roles are open to women, Two Spirit, trans, non-binary, and gender diverse folks.
- Attend all Board Meetings on a monthly basis.
- Advocate WAVAW’s mission and work in the community.
- Attend community and networking events to represent the interests of WAVAW.
- Connect with personal and business contacts for WAVAW fundraising initiatives.
- Participate in feminist professional development to fulfill their Board role in service of WAVAW’s mission.
- Review financial records, including books of account, to ensure compliance with the Society Act and Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations.
- Render financial statements to the directors, members and others when required.
- Oversee the budget and support any questions other directors and the Executive Director may have.
- Review monthly financial statements, including budget to actual comparisons, and report to the board on a quarterly basis, or as needed.
- Act as Chair for the Finance Committee.
- Provide guidance and support as needed to the Executive Director and accountant regarding financial matters and financial statement preparation.
- Involvement in the annual Financial Statement Audit - providing support to the Executive Director, Accountant and Auditor throughout the process as needed.
• Education and experience working with organizational budgets.
• Professional, friendly and highly motivated team player.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Qualified CPA (or nearing qualification), preferably with experience reviewing and interpreting Audited Financial Statements prepared in compliance with the Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations.