Art Event Assistants
Our current event is called Art Downtown that takes place at Lot 19 from now till September 30th. We are looking for individuals who would like to help during the event from 9:40am-5:30pm every Wednesday and Friday.
Art Vancouver is Western Canada's international art fair. This premier event takes place from April15th to April 18th, 2021 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Last year's event connected 10,000 guests with artwork from over 90 local, national and international artists. Attendees can view and purchase over 1,200 pieces of artwork, attend workshops and guided tours, listen to panel talks and speaker series and immerse themselves in visual art from all around the world.
We are looking for skilled individuals who have experience and confidence to work with a team and help with the event preparation.
*** All Art Vancouver volunteers will be rewarded with passes to our event and/or satellite events in Vancouver. Committed volunteers will have an opportunity to receive a reference letter from Vancouver Visual Art Foundation ***
For more information about Art Vancouver, please visit www.artvancouver.net
- Liaising with the Art Vancouver team to organize VIP and Media invitations
- Contacting artists and performers and keeping appropriate records of all communication
- Communicating with sponsors, artists and performers to ensure they have the necessary information
- Ensure the database is kept accurate and up-to-date by recording informational changes such as mailing preferences, address details and financial information
- Work with an Events Coordinator and other fundraising team members to ensure sponsorships are processed correctly and supporters are thanked
- Support the team with a last-minute planning and final touches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide sponsors, artists, and performers with the necessary information regarding our event
- Ability to show initiative and work independently (working from home is possible), but also able to work as part of a wider team and report back to team members
- Enthusiasm and a keen interest in visual arts and events management are desirable
- Experienced user of Gmail, Google Drive and Microsoft Office
- Experience/Qualifications in this field are preferable but not essential
The following Art Vancouver volunteers are able to work from home and volunteer hours are flexible/negotiable.