Art Avenue Magazine Mailing Party
Art Avenue Magazine Mailing Party volunteers assist in the mailing of our self-published magazine Art Avenue, published 6 times a year. Art Avenue Mailing parties take place every two months and usually happen on Fridays.
Featuring news and events about our organization, Chapters, and member artists, including gorgeous selected pieces from our exhibitions as well as sector-related articles and tutorials, our magazine is a huge membership perk and delivered to over 2,600 artist members!
Volunteers meet at the gallery on Granville Island with the rest of the party and we set up work stations in the gallery, so you can enjoy some pieces of original fine art while completing your volunteer duties.
- adhere address labels to the backs of magazines
- insert flyers into magazines
- seal magazines ready for delivery
- eat volunteer snacks and enjoy free coffee!
No special qualifications are required for this role, however, it might appeal to people who:
- are looking for light / infrequent volunteer duties
- like to sit down and socialize while they volunteer
- are comfortable with repetitive tasks and motions
- are goal-oriented
- like working as part of a team
- enjoy delicious snacks and coffee
Depending on the size and efficiency of our party, volunteers can expect to spend 3-5 hours when volunteering for this task.
Volunteers can wear comfortable clothing and expect to have an enjoyable, social volunteer experience under the direction of the Gallery and Volunteer Coorindator.