2019 Ride Don't Hide Volunteer - Route Marshal
Ride Don’t Hide is a nationwide fundraising bike ride that brings mental health out into the open. Join us for the eighth annual Ride Don’t Hide on June 23, 2019, in over 25 communities across Canada. Ride Don’t Hide is the largest mental health bike ride in Canada with almost 10,000 riders and hundreds more family members, friends and volunteers across Canada taking part, raising more than $2 million each year for the Canadian Mental Health Association.
Route marshal volunteers are an integral part to Ride Don't Hide. Route marshal volunteers are positioned along the route throughout Vancouver and Richmond to cheer on and direct riders along the route. This role is suitable for all ages and for groups as well. Orientation/training sessions will be provided.
- Position duties vary based on location but will include a combination of providing directions, pressing traffic light buttons, cheering on riders, and responding to any questions or medical emergencies
- Each shift is approximately 2 to 4 hours long and route marshals positions are schedule according to convenience with the majority of them being located throughout Vancouver
- Marshals are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing and bring a folding chair if they don’t want to stand the whole race
- Able to work independently or with another person
- passionate about mental health
- Able to stand for extended periods of time (volunteers may bring chairs if they wish)
- Postive attitude
- Snacks and food provided
- Free volunteer T-shirt
- Opportunity to sign up for future volunteer opportunities with CMHA
- Live music entertainment & festivities after the ride is complete