The Coast Housing Society is calling for expressions of interest in the position of Treasurer. This volunteer position is a two-year term with the possibility of renewal for a second term. The CHS Board of Directors is a management board responsible for both the governance of the organization and the managerial oversight of its operations. The Board's members meet every two months.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing financial leadership to the Society
- Working with the property manager, BC Housing and accountants to produce annual budget.
- Providing support to the property manager with financial related tasks.
- Acting as a liaison with the Society's accountant, auditor and other partners
- Monitoring and reporting on the financial health of the Society
- Serving as a co-signer of cheques with one other signing officer
- Acting as a voting member of the Board
Board members are asked to serve a two year term, with eligibility for renewal. The Board meets every second month, in Sechelt, and is actively engaged with providing support to the property manager. Board members are asked to participate in different initiatives.
Passionate about your local community.
Respect for diversity and inclusiveness.
Non-Profit board experince is an asset but not essential.
An understanding of, or commitment to learn about, board governance