Volunteer Coordinator with the Cold Lake Community Gardens
Do you enjoy meeting new people from a variety of backgrounds? Are you non-judgemental and accepting of individual, physical, cognative and cultural differences?
A well organized, personable individual with strong communication skills is sought by the Cold Lake Community Garden as their Volunteer Coordinator.
Working closely with the Cold Lake Community Garden's Board of Directors, the Volunteer Coordinator:
- recruits individual, group and corporate volunteers for the Community Garden
- maintains accurate records of volunteer activity and volunteer hours
- provided volunteers with a garden and volunteer orientation
- maintains a confidential list of volunteer contact information
- working with the Maintenance and Safety Board Member, ensures safe working conditions and best safety practices for volunteers
- An interest in gardening and food security issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate and provide clear, concise instructions
- Friendly and welcoming
- Well organized
- Comfortable working with individuals and groups
- Considerate of other people's difference in physical and cognative abilities, age limitation and cultural philosophies
The Volunteer Coordinator is a Board of Directors position with a two year term.