Museum Volunteer Programmer
Calling all history buffs; Cold Lake Museum is seeking a volunteer programmer to research, design and deliver scripts for school tours and museum visitors.
A knowledge or interest in local Air Force, First Nations, or the early years of Cold Lake would be an asset.
This is a flexible volunteer role.
- Design and deliver museum programs and tours for the general public as well as for special groups i.e. school tours, seniors.
- This volunteer role requires the ability to concentrate on providing quality tours and other experiences for Museum visitors
- Working with the Curatorial Manager, the volunteer programmer will develop educational and meaningful interpretive tours for the museum that meet both the requirements of the musuem (its relevance and historic importance) as well as for the visitor (to inspire and educate throught displays and artifacts, meeting school cirriculum or other special interests)
- Friendly and outgoing
- Able to walk the length of the Museum (physical endurance)
- Good communication skills - oral and written
- Interest in serving the community
- Knowledge of Alberta Education's social studies cirriculum
- Museum specific skills will be taught