Cold Lake Museum Collections Assistant Volunteer
Love Antiques Roadshow? The Cold Lake Museum Society is seeking a collections assistant to help with artifact cataloging, research and data entry.
This volunteer opportunity would be ideal for a careful, detail oriented person with an interest or knowledge of anthropology or local history.
- Organize, catalogue, accession museum artifacts
- Assist the Curatorial Manage with the development of a simple, accessible museum inventory
- Artifacats wiil be catalogued (measured/described), photographed and entered into the museum's accessioning program
- Some research may need to be done to ascertain an artifact's identity and provenance
- Move artifacts which may be delicate, large, heavy or cumbersome
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to climb stairs, lift and walk the length of the Museum
- Well organized
- Interest in local history
- Good communication skills- oral and written
- Interest in serving the community