Canadian Adaptive Snowsports (CADS) Cold Lake
Share your love of skiing and snowboarding by volunteering with Canadian Adaptive Snowsports (CADS) Cold Lake.
CADS Cold Lake provides opportunities for individuals with cognitative, physical or sensory disabilities to participate in skiing and snowboarding with the assistance of adaptive equipment and the help of trained volunteers.
Volunteer opportunities availabe with CADS Cold Lake include ski and snowboard instructors, instructor aides, guides and on-hill help.
This is a great volunteer opportunity for individuals interested in kinesiology, recreation or those looking to spend more time skiing and snowboarding.
- Instruct, mentor or guide people with cognitive, physical or sensory disabilities in the sports of skiing and snowboarding
- Commitment to the program for the season
- Friendly, encouraging demenor
- Attend training
- Become a CADS member (for insurance purposes)
- Criminal Record Check
- Provide your own transportation to Kinosoo Ridge
- Intermediate or advanced skiers or snowboarders
- Good communication skills
- Experience working with people with disabilities is an assest, but not necessary. Training will be provided.
CADS Cold Lake is a volunteer based sports organization that provides Albertans with recreational and competitive snowsport opportunities in a safe, inclusive learning and training environment, supported by strong leadership, advocacy and partnership.