Special Event Volunteer (Car Rally)
Volunteers are needed to help with the variety of special events in the community. They will be helping with the set up and organization of community events, such as community cross-cultural dinners, festivals, volunteer fairs, preschool fairs, family picnics, fundraising events, community art events, multicultural celebrations, etc.
Activities include one or more of the following:
- Set up and take down of events
- Preparing and serving food (e.g.- BBQ, cotton candy making, etc.)
- Crafts, drawing, face painting, tattoos
- Giving out BNH material
- Taking photos at events
May 2, 2020 we will be holding a Car Rally Fundraising event to raise funds for Burnaby Neighbourhood House programs and services. We are looking for volunteers who are interested in planning, organizing activities, testing car routes, and assisting at checkpoints on the day. Meetings will mainly take place virtually once a month in the evening.
- Customer service and engaging with the public.
- Giving information about Burnaby Neighbourhood House programs.
- Event planning
- Implementing and assisting with events.
Flexibility, able to work alone or as part of a team.
Obtain experience working with children/families/committee, as well as special event skills
Networking with community residents
Opportunity for newcomers to practice their English and be involved.