Special Event Volunteer
Volunteers are needed to help with the variety of special events in the community. They will be helping with the set up and organization of community events, such as community cross-cultural dinners, festivals, volunteer fairs, preschool fairs, family picnics, fundraising events, community art events, multicultural celebrations, etc.
Activities include one or more of the following:
- Set up and take down of events
- Preparing and serving food (e.g.- BBQ, cotton candy making, etc.)
- Crafts, drawing, face painting, tattoos
- Giving out BNH material
- Taking photos at events
- Customer service and engaging with the public.
- Giving information about Burnaby Neighbourhood House programs.
- Event planning
- Implementing and assisting with events.
Flexibility, able to work alone or as part of a team.
Obtain experience of working with children and families, as well as special event skills.
Networking with community residents
Opportunity for newcomers to practice their English and be involved.