Recreation Program Support Volunteer
Recreation Program Support Volunteers support Activity Worker hosting recreational therapeutic programs for residents. The volunteers will help create a positive, fun, engaging atmosphere for residets. They will also provide opportunities for residents to socialize and interact with people. If you are interested in gaining hands-on experience in health care setting, this is the perfoect opportunity for you to share your smile and energy with our residents.
• Assist residents under the direction of Activity Worker.
• Assist Activity Worker with set up and clean up before and after the program.
• Escort residents to and from the activity.
• Assist residents during the program as needed to enhance enjoyment of activity.
• Encourage residents to make decisions and maximize her/his independence.
• Socialize/engage in conversation with residents to promote a positive atmosphere.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Patient and comfortable working with elderly and adults with complex health care needs and who may have limited communication.
• Ability to push a wheelchair on varying terrain.
• Be able to speak clearly and understand spoken and written English.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills (discretion, courtesy, empathy)
• Ability to interact sensitively with individuals regardless of the diversity in ethnicity, culture, age, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation.
• Follow the Fraser Health Respectful Workplace Policy.
• Have knowledge and agree to comply with infection control requirements.
• Adhere to maintain patient/family confidentiality.