Seniors Services Society is a non-profit agency located in New Westminster which supports seniors with housing, support and social programs.
The Receptionist is the first point of contact for those coming into the office or phoning the office. The receptionist maintains professionalism, efficiency, and good communication skills.
Thursday's - 1:00pm -4:30pm
Answering phone calls and re-directing appropriately;
Taking accurate messages;
Greeting people as they come into the office-assessing their needs, and directing them to the appropriate staff member;
Utilizing the Google calendar for events information and staff schedules; Becoming familiar with Seniors Services Society's programs and services we provide;
Becoming familiar with our website in order to search for information and to direct clients to our website.
Comfortable multi-tasking and working in a busy work environment.
Shift: Friday's 8:30am-12:30pm
• Ability to communicate with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds and individuals in crisis.
• Comfortable dealing with a high volume of calls.
• Ability to understand and be understood in English.
• Capable of dealing with people in a calm, professional and empathetic manner, both in person and over the phone.
• Office experience an asset. Comfortable with multi-tasking.
• Ability to follow appropriate office etiquette.
• Basic computer skills~internet searches preferred.
• Ability to work independently.
• Effectively able to multi-task and handle a large number of incoming calls.
• Good Interpersonal Skills: outgoing, friendly, courteous, patient.
• Successfully interact with a variety of individuals who have an assortment of work and communication styles.
• Capacity to maintain confidentiality.
• Punctual and reliable.
Ongoing Support and Supervision
Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event
Giving Back to the Community
Training and Orientation Provided Mandatory criminal records check
Provide 2 references
Minimum 6 Month Time Commitment