Welcome people to the Neighbourhood House. Provide visitors with information about the Neighbourhood House programs and services. Answer the telephone, take messages, update bulletin boards, assist with general office duties, or other duties as need arises. The volunteer works 3 hours a week, Monday - Friday, flexible hours between 9am-5pm (South House) and 9:30-4:30pm (North House).
- Greeting the public
- Ensuring proper COVID policies are taking place
- Answering the phone
- Some computer work
- Miscellaneous office tasks
Advanced level of English communication, and some clerical skills. Ability to work well with others. Interest in learning and working in a multi-task office environment.
Volunteers need to do the following:
1) Volunteer application form
2) Criminal record check
3) Online interview
4) Online Volunteer orientation (30 minutes).
5) Sign policies.
6) Office orientation. Training on telephone procedures, cross-cultural communication and information on community resources.