Medical Transportation Driver
Seniors Services Society is a non-profit agency located in New Westminster, which supports seniors with housing, social and support programs. The volunteer Medical Transportation Driver provides assistance and transportation for seniors to and from their medical appointments. Typically shifts are within Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 4:30, (for specialists appointments; certain tests, etc). Shift times depend on clients' appointments and our booking needs. We can accommodate your schedule/availability.
The volunteer Medical Transportation Driver provides assistance and transportation for seniors to and from their medical appointments. Flexible Schedule.
~ Competent navigator
• Ability to understand and be understood in English
• Good Interpersonal Skills: friendly, outgoing, courteous, patient
• Ability to work independently
• Capacity to maintain confidentiality
• Able to communicate in a clear and effective manner
• Punctual and reliable
• Be in good physical and mental health
• Be physically able to assist clients should it be required
• Able to consistently drive defensively and obey traffic laws and speed limits.
• Willingness to drive without distractions (Cell phone, texting, ear pods, eating while driving).
Must have own vehicle.
• Criminal record check mandatory
• Provide reference checks
• Have a minimum five years of driving experience
• Calling in if unable to make it for a scheduled shift
• Drivers must have a current driver’s license and abstract
• Be responsible for the upkeep and safety of the vehicle
• Must have own vehicle-clean and in good repair
• Able to provide a smoke free environment
• Have access to a phone
• $3 million Extended Third Party Liability coverage
• Responsible for ensuring insurance is renewed on a yearly basis
• Driver’s Abstract and Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle License to be submitted on a yearly basis.