Meals on Wheels Pick Up Driver
Seniors Services Society (SSS) is a non-profit agency located in New Westminster which supports seniors with housing, social and support programs.
The Meals on Wheels Pick Up Driver is responsible for picking up meals from Starlight Casino and delivering them to SSS. This program enables seniors to live independently in the community and provides them with a nutritional meal.
Wednesday's or Friday's from 8:45am - 10:15am and/or on call as needed.
• Arrive at SSS to pick up cartons and MOW binder.
• Drive to the Starlight Casino in Queensborough to pick up pre-ordered meals. Cross check the order sheets.
• Deliver meals to clients in the Queensborough area.
• Meet volunteer MOW team in designated area (Sushi Ki parking lot, next to SSS) to transfer meals and binder.
• Maintains and submits mileage sheet.
• Competent navigator and driver
• Good Interpersonal Skills: friendly, outgoing, courteous, patient
• Ability to work independently
• Capacity to maintain confidentiality
• Able to communicate in a clear and effective manner
• Punctual and reliable
• Be in good physical and mental health
• Willingness to drive without distractions (cell phone, texting, ear pods, eating while driving)
• Able to consistently drive defensively and obey traffic laws and speed limits
• Ability to be understand and understood in English
• Driver’s Abstract and Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle License to be submitted on a yearly basis.
Must have own vehicle.
~~Criminal record check mandatory
• Provide reference checks
• Drivers must have a current driver’s license and provide driver’s abstract
• Must have own vehicle-clean and in good repair
• Able to provide a smoke free environment
• $3 million Extended Third Party Liability coverage
• Have a minimum five years of driving experience
• Responsible for ensuring insurance is renewed on a yearly basis
• Have access to a phone
• Calling in if unable to make it in for a scheduled shift
• Be responsible for the upkeep and safety of the vehicle