Happy Hour on Thursday Afternoons
To help older residents take part in the Happy Hour Program, which includes music, refreshments, singing, dance and other activities. To assist clients to travel to the Games Room in the New Vista Care Home. To assist staff with the preparation of refreshments. To socialize with residents. To encourage elders to participate. There is an opportunity for musically gifted volunteers to add to the entertainment. Thursdays 2:30-4:15pm
1) Meet with staff person organizing the Happy Hour.
2) Help set up room: chairs, tables, tablecloths as needed.
3) Help gather residents and invite them to the program.
4) Take part in the program and encourage elder’s participation - socialize, sing, dance as needed.
5) Take elders back to their rooms as directed by the staff.
6) Help clean up and put away all equipment and supplies.
Good basic people skills. Enjoy elderly people. Able to assist an unsteady or confused resident and push a wheelchair. Good hygiene. Must undergo Criminal Record Search.
Learn new skills, make new friends, gain insight and experience for personal or career goals, improve self-confidence, gain satisfaction from giving to others.
Requires a criminal records check through the Ministry of Public Safety or a Police Record Check through your local police detachment.
The Criminal Record Check can be acquired without charge after attending the volunteer orientation.
Requires proof of current influenza vaccination during flu season.
Coffee / Tea / Hot chocolate provided during shift.