Grants & Awards - Grant Writer Volunteer
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking Volunteer Grant Writer for the Grants & Awards Team.
~~Red Cross orientation and trainings as required including Introduction to the Movement and Introduction to Volunteerism.
This is a hands-on, in-office position. In addition to learning the general principles of fundraising and Red Cross systems and protocols, the volunteer will be trained in prospect research, the grant writing process, the gathering of community support, donor relations, working with programs, stewardship, reporting and Raiser’s Edge.
- Represent the Canadian red Cross i na professional and positive manner
- Complete readings on prospect reserach and Raiser's Edge training
- Keenly research each project and proposal in advance of all grant submissions
- Compose gripping grant proposals that describe Red Cross programs with absolute clarity (well-researched, crystal clear grant proposals)
- Produce targeted and tailored stewardship documents, quickly and creatively.
- This postion requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
- Minimum Requirements include/research intensive field. This opportunity is best suited for a recent Masters Degree graduate seeking mentorship.
- This postion comes with an expectation of employee level performance.
- Volunteers must: Embrace the Seven Principles of the red Cross and Abide by the Red Cross Principles and Core Values