Gallery Installation and Take Down Volunteer
The Port Moody Arts Centre is looking for active and energetic volunteers for our gallery installations and take-downs! Gallery Volunteers assist the Gallery Manager to hang, install, and remove art work as we transition exhibitions. Installation and strike occur from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM on selected weekdays. Training will be provided if no prior experience in gallery practices.
The Port Moody Arts Centre Society is a charitable organization mandated to develop, promote and celebrate the visual, performing and literary arts in Port Moody. The Arts Centre offers over 350 classes annually to all ages. We have a contemporary art gallery with new exhibitions throughout the year. The Arts Centre also hosts several community and fundraising events throughout the year.
- Assist the Gallery Manager to remove art work at the complete of a gallery showing
- Under the direction of the Gallery Manager, remove artwork
- Pack artwork in boxes for shipping
- Move plinths and take down displays
- Wash small areas of the walls
- Coordinate arriving artwork for new exhibition
- Hang artwork
- Install labelling and signage
- Ability to carry heavy objects (approx. 40 lbs)
- Comfortable working on ladders
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to take direction and work as a team
- An interest in culture and the arts is an asset
The Port Moody Arts Centre is a cultural hub dedicated to developing, promoting and celebrating the Arts. We strive to make art accessible and enjoyable for all.
Successful applicants will be contacted for a brief interview.