Food distribution to Isolated Individuals or Food Bank Assistant
The Burnaby Neighbourhood House is a Charitable Non-Profit Organization. We are a volunteer driven community-funded agency with a unique focus on Neighbours supporting Neighbours.
Currently we are recruiting volunteers who are interested in shopping and delivering food and/or medication to isolated or vulnerable individuals, as well as Food bank assistants at our North and South House sites.
- Collect the list of groceries from their list of clients and shop for grocery items weekly.
- Interact with the public with respect to social distancing rules.
- Collect payment from the client.
- Follow safety sanitation protocols outlined by the organization.
- Return payments and receipts to the Neighbourhood House.
- Assist with moving, packing, storing, and distributing donated food to various people who access the food bank.
- Shopping and Grocery drop off
- Complete your volunteer application process.
- Follow safety protocols outlined by the organization
- Shop for groceries and/or pick up medication.
- Have access to a car or be able to transport groceries.
If there is no access to a car, then be able to assist on site with unloading, moving, sorting, packing, storing, and distributing donated food to individuals and families.
Volunteers will need to complete the following:
- Volunteer application form
- Criminal Record Check
- Interview (online)
- Volunteer orientation (30 mins. online)