Computer Drop- In Program Assistant
Computer Drop-In Program Assistants work with learners either one-on-one or in small groups to support them with basics such as creating an email address, surfing the internet, typing, navigating a touch phone or I-Pad etc. Participants bring questions that assistants help answer.
We are currently running Digital cafes at the following times and days:
South House (4460 Beresford Street)
North House (4908 Hastings Street)
- Maintain positive, supportive and appropriate contact with learners
- Maintain learner confidentiality
- Suggest resources and ideas that may be of interest to program participants
- May participate in PD workshops/ Training
- Communicate with program staff re any concerns/ issues
Good knowledge of computers, teaching skills, ability to use clear language, interact with learners in a friendly manner.
Get experience in one on one tutoring, and make a change in people's lives.