Community Garden Coordinator
The Burnaby Neighbourhood House is overseeing a garden plot in South Burnaby to grow, harvest and share local food in South Burnaby. Many of the foods grown are brought back to the Neighbourhood House and incorporated into their food programs, or given out to those individuals who are looking for access to food.
We are looking for someone who has the passion for gardening, and who has a strong interest Food Security. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with staff and a committee to plan planting projects, maintenance of the garden, and food distribution plan.
• Organizing, planning and implementing garden plans
• Mobilizing and coordinating existing volunteers for gardening projects
• Scheduling volunteers to varies duties (e.g. – planting, watering, weeding, supply sourcing, transporting crops, etc.)
• Facilitate meaningful volunteer experiences
• Maintaining volunteer records
Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to the connection between gardening, health and the environment; knowledge of local food security issues
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and work in a Committee.
- Some gardening knowledge.
All volunteer need to complete the following:
- Completed volunteer application form
- Cleared Provincial criminal check (completed with the organization and free for volunteers).
- Volunteer orientation and signed Policy Agreements