Community Garden Assistants
The Burnaby Neighbourhood House is overseeing a garden plot in South Burnaby to grow, harvest and share local food in South Burnaby. Many of the foods grown are brought back to the Neighbourhood House and incorporated into their food programs, or given out to those individuals who are looking for access to food.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for gardening, and/or who has a strong interest in Food Security. Individuals will work collaboratively with staff and a committee to plan planting projects, maintenance of the garden, and food distribution.
- Assist with planting seeds and asssiting with the growth of vegetables and plants.
- Assist with watering and weeding on a regular basis.
- Assist with the transportation of food harvest to the South House.
- Interest in gardening.
- Willing to work with others
All volunteers are required to do the following:
1) Completed volunteer application form
2) Cleared Provincial criminal check (completed with the organization and free for volunteers).
4) Volunteer orientation and sign Policy Agreements