Volunteer Art Group Coordinator
Are you a 55+ art enthusiast? We are looking for a friendly, dedicated volunteer to help coordinate the Spontaneous Art Studio at our non-profit seniors' centre. The Spontaneous Art Studio is open each Friday from 10:00-12:00, and is a space for seniors at our Centre to independently work on art projects using various media. The Art Studio Coordinator will assist senior participants as needed, maintain art supplies, and help create a warm and welcoming environment for participants.
We are a non-profit seniors' centre located in the South Granville area that offers a variety of social, recreational, and wellness programs and services. Our volunteer-led social and educational programs provide a low-cost means for seniors in our neighbourhood to remain active and engaged in their communities.
• Help set up and pack up art supplies in our multi-purpose activity room with the help of Centre staff.
• Maintain art supplies and purchase new materials with funds supplied by the Centre.
• Create a safe and welcoming environment that encourages self-expression.
• Ensure that the group is inclusive and suitable to a wide range of skills and abilities.
• Liaise regularly with the Program Coordinator and Office Administrator.
• Availability to volunteer each Friday, from 9:30am-12:30pm.
• A background in visual arts and experience facilitating small groups.
• A friendly demeanor and a willingness to accommodate a variety of skill levels and abilities.
• Preference given to individuals who are 55+.
Benefits & Recognition:
• Have an opportunity to give back to the community in a meaningful way and positively influence the lives of marginalized and low income seniors.
• Have an opportunity to be a part of a supportive and close-knit community of volunteers.
• Reference letters and certificates available for regular volunteers (after 3 months).