Soil Sale Coordinator
The Soil Sale Coordinator oversees the planning, sales, event execution and post event debrief for the twice annual VanDusen Compost, Topsoil and Manure Sale. The spring (final Sat. of Feb. or first Sat. of Mar.) and fall (last Sat. in Sept) events fundraise $20,000 – 30,000 annually.
- Directing and supervising volunteers.
- Event promotions reaching internal channels, past customers and external avenues.
- Order product, coordinate delivery and ensure all materials are arranged.
- Oversee the cash handling and ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Onsite event days, providing direction to day of event volunteers and overseeing the event flow.
Skills, Attitudes, Knowledge Required:
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, familiarity with databases and websites
- Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills; ability to multi-task and detail oriented
- Previous experience in marketing and project coordination is an asset
Training and Orientation:
- Orientation to VanDusen Garden and the roles volunteers play at the VBGA
- Role specific training as you job shadow the outgoing Soil Sale Project Manager
Supervisory Relationships/liaison: Candidate will be supervised by the Director, Volunteer Engagement, and liaise with the Soil Sale Co-Coordinator and Plant Sale Chair.
Authority/Decision Making: Must be comfortable making decisions and problem solving with minimal supervision.
- Further develop skills leading teams of volunteers
- Enhance administrative, organizational, and project management skills
- Contribute your time and talents in an impactful way for a well-respected charity
- Reference letter
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Heidi Jakop at firstname.lastname@example.org Application Deadline: July 30, 2017