Savour Our Neighbourhood 2018 - Volunteer Positions
The Mount Pleasant Family Centre Society, a small non-profit organization dedicated to helping local and immigrant families, is seeking event volunteers for the Planning Committee and the Savour Our Neighbourhood event on March 8, 2018.
SON 2018 will be 5th annual fundraising event. This event features a sampling of food from a variety of restaurants and eateries, paired with beverages from local microbreweries and premium BC winemakers. The event will feature local entertainment, as well as, a silent auction.
- Work cohesively with Volunteer Manager and staff during event
- Good work ethic
- Arrive promptly on time
- Position Types: Planning Committe Member, Bar, Kitchen and Security Managers, Bussers, Servers, Kitchen Helpers, Secuirty, Greeters, Photographer and General Helpers
- Excellent customer service
- Strong communication skills in English required
- Energetic personality with exceptional ability to multitask
- Experience working with a diverse population and understanding of cultural issues an asset
- Experience working in the non-profit sector and working with other volunteers is an asset
- Volunteers are willing to work cooperatively with Volunteer Leads and Committee
- Position Start/End Date: Planning committee meets every month for a couple hours in evening, Day of volunteers expected to attend Volunter Orientation night (March 5) and Event Day (March 8).
- For more information about the event - www.savourourneighbourhood.ca and our organization - www.mpfamilycentre.ca