Sawa World believes there is a way to end extreme poverty for billions of people on our planet. The solution lies in the minds, hands and hearts of those who suffer it most. We called them Sawa Leaders; unsung heroes who have themselves been among the one billion people living on one dollar a day or less. Their solutions are documented and shared by vulnerable, unemployed youth in their communities. (http://www.sawaworld.org/)
Job description to include planning team meetings and retreats with assistance from admin team.
Assist in creating and maintaining internal guidelines and procedures, review work plans, review monthly calendar, quarterly goal tracking and assessment, weekly or biweekly connection with Country Director Uganda to review work plans, team challenges and progress, training and updates to quarterly goals, help support accounting team in selecting dates for financial statement preparations, rent cheque reminders, invoicing etc, have regular check-ins with computer management team, and foster culture of mentorship and growth within the team.
Availability during the day and evenings 5-10 hours per week in our Vancouver office.
- Assist Office Manager and Team Coordinator as required
- Team monthly newsletters
- Arrange calendar of informal meetings / brainstorming ideas for informal gatherings
- Send team emails to welcome new team members, team changes, birthdays and anniversary/celebrations etc share invites to local events/team photos
- Send invites, arrange and set up for Team Informal gatherings, take photos to share with Social Media team, etc.
- Assist Office Coordinator with Quarterly Team Meetings
- Assist Founder with any celebratory projects, etc.
- Time Requirement: Available to meet with Office team at least once a week. Available for all team meetings.
Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships
Highly creative and fun personality
Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent communications skills
Ability to provide mentorship and guidance
Able to exercise independent judgment
Ability to maintain confidential information
Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously
We can offer you a great place to gain new skills, the opportunity to meet new people from different parts of the world, gain networking contacts, great work experience, meet a dynamic and fun group of people, feel valued and make a difference on a global level, all while helping to eradicate extreme poverty from around the world.