Friday Lunch Dishwasher
We are looking for a friendly, dedicated volunteer dishwasher for our Friday lunch program. This volunteer role is essential to keeping our lunch program running!
We are a non-profit seniors' centre located in the South Granville area that offers a variety of social, recreational, and wellness programs and services. The South Granville area is classified as a food desert, and our lunch program is one of the only food safety initiatives in this neighbourhood.
The hot lunches provided by our lunch program are vital for many seniors in our neighbourhood who have difficulty preparing or accessing nutritious and affordable meals. They enable older adults who have little or no social support to socialize and form friendships in a safe and friendly atmosphere.
(1) Work cooperatively with the Friday lunch cook and kitchen prep team.
(2) Wash dishes and perform general kitchen cleanup after meal service (about 10-15 seniors served) on Fridays. Hours are generally from 11:00-2:00.
No experience is required, all training will be provided. Just come with enthusiasm and a great attitude!
Benefits & Recognition:
(1) Gain experience in working with older adults in a non-profit environment.
(2) Have an opportunity to give back to the community in a meaningful way and positively influence the lives of seniors in our community.
(3) Receive all of the perks of being a volunteer at the South Granville Seniors Centre, including a free delicious lunch on the day you volunteer, an opportunity to be a part of a beautiful, supportive and close-knit community of volunteers, and reference letters and certificates (available for regular volunteers after 3 months).
(1) Volunteer application & interview.
(2) Criminal Records check (covered by South Granville Seniors Centre).