Recreation Program-Happy Hour & Bingo
Every Wednesday afternoon from 3:00pm to 4:45 pm at Southgate Care Centre, volunteers assist our elders and the recreation staff in Happy Hour and bingo preparations, and clean up after, encourage and support elders, and enhance the environment through volunteer participation. Happy Hour and Bingo alternates each week.
- Assist with activity set up as directed by leisure staff.
- Invite and assist elders to and from activity area as directed.
- Assist elders during activity as needed.
- Help leisure staff clean up as needed.
- Able to communicate well in verbal English
- Physically capable of pushing elders in wheelchairs and carrying out physical tasks as required
- Friendly, reliable, patient and respectful
- Able to follow direction and enjoy teamwork
- Willingness to listen, learn, and develop effective ways to interact with elders
- Gain Valuable experience with elder in a healthcare environment
- Enhance the quality of life of elder
- Access to free educational opportunites