Event Communications & Digital Media Specialist - Diabetes Canada Professional Conference
The 20th anniversary Diabetes Canada/CSEM Professional Conference will be held from November 1st to the 4th, 2017 at the Shaw Convention Centre in Edmonton, Alberta. This is a great opportunity for a Communications, Digital Media or Event Management student who would like some on-site social media training.
Assist the Communications team with on-site needs, such as:
- Taking photos and notes at sessions for potential use on social feeds
- Assisting with set-up and production of Facebook Live events, Instagram videos and podcast recordings
- Coordinating interview subjects
- Staffing the social media office/press room when needed
- Familiarity and comfort with using social channels
- Strong photography skills
- An interest in learning more about diabetes research and event social media
- Knowledge of what content works well for each social media channel
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write clearly, accurately and succinctly.
- Ability to take initiative, be creative, and self-directed
- Attention to detail and customer oriented
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively
- Ability to stay current and adapt to changing social media trends and technology
- Experience engaging and working with diverse groups of people
Experience or background in Communications, Digital Media or Event Management would be an asset.
- Volunteer Orientation –via webinar
- Position-specific Orientation and Training – in-person
a) Processes & Tools
- Ongoing support during the Conference