CHURCH COMPANION AND PORTER
Caring people needed to help our elders attend weekly Church services in our Auditorium. We have a large care home and our elders appreciate your support to attend services. If you have time to stay afterwards, some elders would love to visit with you following the service. To help transport elders to the program, sit with and help the elders find the songs in the hymn book during the service and take back to their rooms. To move furniture if necessary. To socialize with residents.
Church at 6:15pm
1) Meet with the staff person organizing the Sunday program. Organize who will escort which elder(s).
2) Help gather residents and invite them to Church.
3) Sit with elders and guide them to the correct songs in the hymn book during the Church service.
4) At the end of the Church program help take residents to their rooms. If you have time to stay afterwards, some elders would love to visit with you following the service.
5) Help to move furniture back to normal set-up.
Enjoy elderly people. Able to assist an unsteady or confused resident and push a wheelchair. Must undergo Criminal Record check