Wine Host (Art Exhibitions, Performances and Culture Events)
Founded in 1972, Place des Arts is a non-profit arts centre and music school located in the historic Maillardville area of Coquitlam. Place des Arts' mission is to inspire the artist in everyone through our superior learning programs and cultural experiences, our talented people and our warm welcoming environment. In addition to offering classes in the visual and performing arts, Place des Arts hosts a dynamic schedule of exhibitions, concerts, and cultural events, with three galleries and an artisan shop that showcase local emerging artists.
- Manage the cash bar or concession (set up glassware, stock the bar, take payment and provide change, serve beverages, etc)
- Assist with coffee, tea & wine service set-up
- Assist with clean-up and take-down
Place des Arts is looking for friendly adult volunteers with an interest in the arts to serve wine and beer at our cultural events, including our Exhibition Opening Receptions, Faculty Performances and our brand new pARTy@PdA event series. This is a wonderful way to get involved in local arts and culture.
Skills and qualifications:
- Must be 19 years old or older
- Must have valid Serving it Right Certificate or Special Event Server Certificate, or be willing to complete certification before their first volunteer shift.
- Outgoing and friendly
- Available to volunteer on Friday or Saturday evenings, at least once monthly
- Comfortable handling cash and able to calculate change accurately
- Must have some experience related to food service and/or customer service
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, committed and able to provide excellent service to our guests
- Coffee / Tea during your shift
- Opportunity to learn about and become involved in local arts and culture
- Place des Arts t-shirt and volunteer ID badge
- Be eligible for our Volunteer of the Month recognition program
- Reference letter or confirmation of volunteer hours upon request
To apply: Please fill out an online application form on www.placedesarts.ca/support-us/volunteer.aspx and specify that you are interested in the Wine Host Position. You may also visit Place des Arts to pick up a form, or email the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com for a copy of the form. The volunteer coordinator will contact volunteers who meet the qualifications to arrange an interview in person at Place des Arts.