Surrey Relay For Life - Team Development Lead
Relay For Life is your chance to help create a world where no one fears cancer. When you, your family, friends, and colleagues come together with Canadians in communities across the country for this powerful event, you not only help save more lives through ground-breaking cancer research but also support those living with cancer today.
Utilizing your outgoing personality and personal networks, you will assist in the promotion and team recruitment for Relay For Life. Working collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) staff partner and the Relay For Life Organizing Committee, you will help with prospecting, developing, and establishing new relationships and leads within your community.
- Make a difference in your community
- Learn new skills and use your expertise
- Networking and leadership opportunities
- Be a part of changing cancer forever
- Work collaboratively with your CCS staff partner and the Relay For Life Event Chair to recruit team captains and participants for the Relay For Life event
- Leverage your personal and professional networks to identify Relay For Life leads within your community and share those leads with your staff partner
- Plan and execute year-round community recruitment events, such as lunch and learns, pop up training walks, etc.
- Attend community events and festivals to serve as an Ambassador for the Canadian Cancer Society and Relay For Life with the objective of team and participant recruitment
- Contact team captains and participants from previous year's events and encourage them to register for this year
- Together with your CCS staff partner, monitor and evaluate your progress in achieving the team captain and participant recruitment targets and goals
- December – June, several hours a month
- Monthly committee meetings are held at the Surrey Regional Office (150-10362 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC)
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- The Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Role-specific coaching, with ongoing mentorship and guidance, from the Society's Staff Partner
- Access to the Canadian Cancer Society's Workforce Leadership Program (optional 6-module leadership program for volunteers)