Program Booking Assistant
Intent of Program: Annually, Seniors Services Society participates in Canada Revenue Agency’s Community Volunteer Income Tax program. The program offers free income tax preparation for low income seniors in the New Westminster area.
Duties: To receive incoming phone calls for tax clinic appointments. Book tax clinic appointments for seniors.
Hours: Shifts Available Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 12:00pm or 1:00pm – 4:00pm; March 1 – April 14, 2017.
Training: Volunteer Orientation. Additional training as necessary
Benefits: Tea/Coffee, Light Refreshments, Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event
• To receive incoming phone calls for tax clinic appointments.
• Book tax clinic appointments for seniors.
• Ability to understand and be understood in English.
• Capable of dealing with people in a calm, professional and empathetic manner, both in person and over the phone.
• Ability to follow appropriate office etiquette.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Good Interpersonal Skills: outgoing, friendly, courteous, patient.
• Capacity to maintain confidentiality.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience working with the general public.
Minimum 1 shift/week or multiple shifts available.