Multilingual Volunteer Visitor
Do you enjoy spending time with the elderly?
Do you speak other language than Enghlish?
Do you like to gain experience in health care setting and gain hands-on experience interacting with seniors?
Fellburn Care Centre is looking for volunteer visitors who can have conversations with our residents from different countries with their mother tongue.
• Engage residents in conversation in thier mother tongue, playing cards or games, knitting, reading, puzzles, letter writing, gardening, going for a walk on the grounds.
• Providing a friendly, listening ear
• Patient and comfortable working with elderly and adults with complex health care needs and who may have limited communication.
• Be able to work independently and take initiative where needed.
• Be able to speak clearly and understand spoken and written foreign language (i.e., Cantonese, Mandarin, Macedonian, Italian, etc. )
• Have excellent interpersonal skills (discretion, courtesy, empathy).
• Ability to interact sensitively with individuals regardless of the diversity in ethnicity, culture, age, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation.
• Follow the Fraser Health Respectful Workplace Policy.
• Have knowledge and agree to comply with infection control requirements.
• Adhere to maintain patient/family confidentiality.