Intake Assistant Volunteer
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Intake Assistant volunteer. Reporting to the Volunteer and Customer Support Services Coordinator, this position will utilize administrative skills to aid in the on-boarding of all new volunteers for all programs and departments of Red Cross within B.C. & Yukon.
The Volunteer and Customer Support Services department is the volunteer recruiting backbone of the Canadian Red Cross. Our team strives to recruit and orient qualified volunteers to support all programs and departments of the Lower Mainland Red Cross. We are committed to working with volunteers, staff from other departments, as well as individual and corporate donors, the government, and the private sector in order to maintain and expand Red Cross’s day-to-day operations on both the local and international level.
- Conduct phone pre-screens on potential volunteers
- Assist with volunteer interviews
- Reference checks on potential volunteers
- Creating and updating applicants paper and electronic file
- Collecting orientation documents from applicants
- Referring applicants to Disaster Management program
- Updating database
- Follow up with applicants and other departments for returning required documents
- Assist with general administration duties
- Excellent both verbally and written communication skills
- Computer training and intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Raisers Edge an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude with openness to new challenges
- Ability to work alone and within a team in a fast paced environment
- An eagerness to learn our database system
- A genuine desire to work with the Red Cross and within its fundamental principles
We are seeking volunteers who can commit to a minimum of six months service. Ideally volunteers will be available on an on-going basis. We are currently seeking volunteers available to fill two or more four hour shifts per week Monday – Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Please quote the and your shift availability in the subject line of your email.