Income Tax Assistant
The Income Tax Clinic is a year-round service that relies on the help of volunteers who offer a free service to assist low-income families and individuals to file their income tax returns.
- Review and assess clients documents and tax forms
- Interview clients about their income and financial situation for the tax year and ensure they qualify for the service. Assist the Tax Supervisor when needed.
One of one training/practice will be provided as well.
Interview clients, review and assess client documents related to taxes and ensure they qualify for the tax service.
- Volunteer skills and qualifications:
- Excellent English communication and customer service skills.
- Good data entry skills.
- Familiarity with Canadian Tax system, tax calculation procedures (computer program or on paper sheets).
- Accuracy and ability to work with numbers.
- Second language is an asset (Farsi or Mandarin)
Build up your resume, gain knowledge or enrich your knowledge of Canadian taxation system, gain experience in working with clients in a professional setting. All volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application form, interview, volunteer orientation, crim check and a tax clinic preparation session.